Homepage > Information and Services > In case of emergency

In case of emergency

  • Contact Monaco’s Ambassador in France or your nearest Honorary Consul of Monaco in France 
  • Remember to contact the Monegasque authorities
  • Remember to inform your relatives in Monaco

In the event of loss or theft:

 Report as soon as possible to the local authorities (police station, etc.) so that they can issue a loss or theft report.

  • Of your debit/credit card:

Immediately notify your card company so they can block the card (Carte Bleue, Visa, MasterCard, etc.)

  • Of your checkbook:

Immediately notify your bank.

  • Of your ID card:

Go to Monaco's City Hall (Etat Civil) with the loss or theft report, to create a new ID card.

Since the introduction of the Monaco Electronic ID, it is no longer possible to create this document remotely. The digital fingerprints as well as a picture of the cardholder will have to be digitised on site.

  • Of your passport:

Fill in a "demand for duplicate" form here:  http://service-public-particuliers.gouv.mc/Nationalite-et-residence/Nationalite-monegasque/Pieces-d-identite/Obtenir-un-passeport   

 The form "Application for a Monegasque passport for an adult" has to be signed as the signature will be digitised.

Send the demand to the Monaco Embassy or directly to the General Secretariat of the Government (service des passeports) with:

- an identification photograph of less than one year which complies with international standards (high-quality colour photograph, taken against a light backgound, show your face and head uncovered, do not smile, the size should be 35 x 45 mm, and clear glasses may be worn if required).

- the loss or theft report

- a check of 60€ (or 30€ for children under 3 years old) payable to the Public Treasury

  • Of your driving license:

Fill in a "demand for duplicate" form here: http://service-public-particuliers.gouv.mc/Transports-et-voyage/Auto-moto/Immatriculation/Declarer-la-perte-d-un-document-et-demander-un-duplicata

Send the demand to the Monaco Embassy or directly to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office with:

- a letter defining your status (student, intern, employee...)

- an identification photograph

- the loss or theft report

- a check of 37€ payable to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office

  • Of your mobile phone:

Immediately block the telephone line by contacting your operator to prevent its wrongful use by a third party.

→ The Embassy of Monaco in France stays available for any help regarding the loss or theft of identification papers.

→ We strongly encourage you to keep a digital copy of all your identification papers.


Embassy of Monaco in France

22, boulevard Suchet
75016 Paris

Phone Number : (+33) 1 45 04 74 54
Fax Number : (+33) 1 45 04 45 16
What to do in an event of emergency? Click here to find out more Bouton Twitter Click here to go to the Events calendar on www.visitmonaco.com Click here to go to Monaco Channel